888/24 AES/EBU out to DA-88, how?

Discussion in 'Converters / Interfaces' started by Boom Chic, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Boom Chic

Boom Chic Guest

I need to go AES/EBU out of my 888/24 and into my DA-88. What options do I have in terms of gear? I know that Tascam makes the IF-AE8 for this purpose,but it's $500.00, anyone know of an alternative to the Tascam IF-AE8?

Thanks.

2. Ted Nightshade

Ted Nightshade Member

No cheaper, but RME makes a piece, ADI-DD that does this and some other things.
    Ted

3. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Can you rent one in only when you need it? Or search Ebay for a second hand one?

:)

4. Greg Malcangi

Greg Malcangi Member

Hi Boom chic,

I faced the same problem a couple of years ago with my DA98 and ended up buying the IF-AES unit, which although a little costly does exactly what I wanted. 8 channels out of my 888|24 and into the Tascam in AES format. If you are thinking of upgrading to PT|HD, the new 192 I/O has a TDIF connector built in. Which in theory should connect directly to the 25pin DSub connector on the DA88 without the need for the IF-AES unit.

Greg

5. RecorderMan

RecorderMan Distinguished Member

What Greh said. Probably a $50 per day rental or so ( If I remeber). Or the Otari UFC. Usually the one every one uses dor format comversions. The Tascam unit is cheaper though.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed