Abbey Road Desk

Discussion in 'Consoles / Control Surfaces' started by DonnyThompson, Oct 29, 2018.

1. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    @Kurt Foster @Boswell

Hi guys... :)
    Don’t know if you’ve perhaps already seen this, but I thought I would post it and tag you guys just in case you hadn’t.
    ;)
    -d.

cyrano and kmetal like this.
  2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

i actually saw this desk at a NARAS show at the Hilton on Van Ness Ave in SF in the early 90's. Dan Alexander was showing it. it's amazing how it has escaped destruction not once but twice!

they did a seminar in one of the ballrooms where Roger Nichols, John Storyk and John Meyer set up a Soundcraft Sapphire console and 2" tape machine and recorded a band live. i also got to meet and talk with Hal Blaine at the same show. they had him stuck away in a small booth in the basement. i spent about an hour talking with him. nice guy. cool stuff

kmetal likes this.
  3. kmetal

kmetal Kyle P. Gushue Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Man that is really cool. I wish they made more tube based gear to these days, as the xfo seems to be the rage.

4. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    So nice !!

At some point the only things that will survive of this area will be the sofware emulations...

They've made some preamp and channels of the classic 610 consoles, but I wish they would do a 2 or 3 U Red 37 channel strip...
    That would make small studio proud !! ;)

5. kmetal

kmetal Kyle P. Gushue Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Great idea!

pcrecord likes this.
  • AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed