AKG C414 or Bluebird.....

Discussion in 'Microphones & Recording' started by Frotese, May 15, 2005.

1. Frotese

Frotese Guest

hey guys, I need a little help, I´m looking for a good large diafragm mic, specially for vocals and acustic instruments, and I´ve been looking at the AKG C414 and the Blue Bluebird, heard good things about both of them but I´ve just heard the AKG, what do you think of those two?.

thanx!!

2. CharlesDayton

CharlesDayton Active Member

Try renting them both, and A/B them on thesame pre, and see what you like. The 414 has a longer track record, but many like the Blue.

3. Frotese

Frotese Guest

Thanks for answering!, the problem is that in my country we don´t have the Blue, I only have acces to the AKG, so that´s why I´m asking for help :D :oops: .....I´ll be able to buy it on musician´s friend if it´s woth it

thanks again!

4. Markd102

Markd102 Well-Known Member

If I had to choose between those two "sight-unseen" I'd deffinately go with the AKG.
    Blue mics are very good, but they all have a particular character which may or may not suit you. Very much hit and miss..... Also the Bluebird is near the bottom of their range.

5. Dr_Simon

Dr_Simon Guest

I think it depends on your voice.

Te AKG is probably a safer bet though whether it will suit you better remains to be seen ! Is there somewhere like link removed that will A) ship internationally and B) has a good sale or return policy a little nearer you so you are not killed with shipping ?

6. Frotese

Frotese Guest

thanks guys!, I think I´ll go with the AKG then, thanks for your help

Juan Pablo