analogue 2 inch wind down sound on DAW?

Discussion in 'Computing' started by sonic8or, Jan 1, 2005.

  1. sonic8or

    sonic8or Guest

    It may be a rather childish question but can anyone help out on this. I know some have heard this, but you know that sound, used mostly at the end of pop-punk songs where it sounds as if the song just slows and stops. The most recent example I can think of is in the new Lil Jon song "What you gon do" radio edit version during the chorus on the word $hit. Using an analog machine you would just slow the tape down by hand and record it, but how would you go about getting that sound using pro tools or sonar? Would you just have some kind of automation on the tempo or what?
  2. TapeStop 1.6--a link for which you can find in this thread--might be what you're looking for. And yes, it should work fine with any application that supports a.) VST plug-ins and b.) plug-in automation.
  3. idiophone

    idiophone Guest

    Digitech's Vari-Fi is the most popular way to do this. It's Audiosuite-only, and comes with HD systems.

Share This Page