Another mic question... Audix D2's

Discussion in 'Microphones' started by Whopbamboom, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Whopbamboom

Whopbamboom Active Member

I have another mic-related question.

I recently picked up a pair of Audix D-2 drum mic's, but this particular pair each has a smaller, more compact metal screen on it than all the other D-2's I have seen so far. It just plain looks different. Everything else looks the same as my other D-2's (as well as the other D-2's I have seen so far).

Has Audix recently re-designed the screens on their D-2 mic's, or did I get some sort of counterfeit? Or perhaps someone may have screwed on a different screen???

2. stickers

stickers Active Member

Home Page:
    Im not sure about the grill but I know the "D2" label use to to script like in the pic above and the new ones have Helvetica style of font.

I haven't seen the old ones up close. The grill might be slightly different but I cant tell by images online.

The grills on the D2s I use for live sound are indestructible. No drum stick will dent it. D2 are great for live sound since the bleed is damn low.

3. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

I'm not aware of any recent redesigns but I don't have any in stock either so I can't look and tell you. I can check though - send me a pic and I'll get it over to the right guys.

4. Whopbamboom

Whopbamboom Active Member

Thanks, guys-- I will take a picture as soon as I can (might take a few days what with my busy schedule), and I'll try to post some pics here.