Anybody listened the Focusrite Liquid Channel?

Discussion in 'Mixing & Song Critique' started by Skyman, Aug 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Skyman

Skyman Guest

After a few month out now, I´m interested if anyone of you has tried the Focusrite Liquid Channel. Remembering a very lively discussion in this Forum when it first came out, I just wanted to know if you have any experience how the Channel works in use.

How does it sound? Is it an alternative for some studios who don´t have many single preamps/compressors to choose from? How´s the A/D converter sounding?

skyman

2. I haven't heard it but I did hear that Elliot Mazer has volunteered to endorse it and loves it. Trent Reznor also raves about the thing. 3D Audio Inc. (3Daudioinc.com) has released a CD that compares it to the 'real' thing.

Hope this helps...

3. ericj

ericj Guest

We just received a pair of Liquid Channels. I must be honest, I haven't had the first-hand chance to use most of the original versions of pres and comps that this thing replicates. But overall, they sound incredible. And I love the fact that we can run mics straight into them, or use them as channel inserts. Talk about the ultimate channelstrip plugin..

However, it was a tossup between these or a pair of Millennia Origins, and I think we made the right choice, (esp. since these replicate Millennia pres and comps.) I am very happy with the Distressor compressor models... Esp. the ones with added harmonics. Saves us from having to pick up a couple Distressors now.

Lastly, being able to control them via USB from the DAW is really nice. We dialed in a great sounding setup for an acoustic guitar, then we saved the setup (including all pre/comp settings) as a file in the project folder. Now if we ever need to go back and redo anything, we can get *exactly* the setup we had before. I like this a lot.

4. Blueberry

Blueberry Active Member

Home Page:
    Here is my spin on it.

5. Sebabong

Sebabong Guest

I used one at HF. It sounded and felt like a toy.