Anyone compare the Lynx Aroura 16 to Echo AudioFire 12?

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by glitchless, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Cucco

Cucco Well-Known Member

You still don't answer my question and now you contradict yourself.

You suggest that "subjective" is the key word then you go on again to state that the Aurora is "better" than the RME.

How. Please explain to me how.

I have done more than 100 recordings with the RME and more than 500 with the Aurora. I feel as though I'm quite qualified to speak on their behalf. Yes, the RME is as good as a converter as the Lynx.

Would you like me to say that again?

THE RME IS AS GOOD AS A CONVERTER AS THE LYNX

Is it different? Yes. Is it flawed? Not a chance.

Does one have some advantage over the other? I would say yes in favor of the RME for ergonomics and features and yes in favor of the Lynx for support.

The Lynx is a more "open" sounding device with a leaner bottom end whereas the RME is a more rounded top end device with a fuller bottom end.

These are statements that evaluate the measurable and quantifiable differences between the two.

By no means is one "better" than another.

I'm glad to see that this one little argument can't come to a close because you can't simply see the fact that you're arguing an UNPROVABLE subjective opinion.

And, for the record, I'll be using an Echo AudioFire 12 within the next 2 weeks just for the sole purpose of judging their quality. I'm willing to bet you money that the difference between it and my higher end converters (Mytek (with a 'k', not a 'c') and Benchmark) as well as my RMEs is again subjective and barely the 5-10% referenced elsewhere in this post.

Feel free to come back again with "but the Lynx IS better than the RME..."
    Every time you make an unqualified statement like that, people see more and more through them.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guests

what is your problem dude?

you yourself said its SUBJECTIVE.

my subjective statement has been made your subjective statement has been made.

we disagree so be it.
    end of freaking discussion.
    niether can be proven right or wrong.

that like arguing chocolate is better than vanilla.

this is worse than the PC vs MAC at least that had some qauntifyable results.

however your subjective statement is by far in the minority of those who have compared the 2.

so lets all go out and buy the cheapest sound card we can find as obviously they all sound the same to you.

Scott

3. Cucco

Cucco Well-Known Member

Here's my problem, dude.

Your analogy - chocolate versus vanilla. Neither is better. I may prefer vanilla where you prefer chocolate. Still, neither is better.

In the case of the Lynx vs th RME, tell me ANYTHING that makes the Lynx better. They both use a similar power supply and both use a very similar analog and digital signal path and both are tightly packed SMT boards.

One sounds different than the other. It's that simple.

Show me any engineer that claims one to be better than the other and I'll call him/her an idiot to their faces. If they say that they prefer one over the other, fine.

The recording industry is full of people who claim that gear A is better than gear B and 90% of the time, it's just different. Yes, sometimes there's a substantial difference - one in build or design that sets it apart (such as the robust power supply and p2p wiring in the Crane Song) and may make it quantifiably better than another.

For you, someone who assumes a position of trust (by advertising here as an expert in your field, you assume this role) to come around throwing out statements as unqualified and careless as this is irresponsible and furthering the misunderstanding amongst younger or less experienced engineers.

In addition, you start off by insulting my ears because I don't agree with your opinion. Then you claim to have poor hearing yourself. Just what are you basing your rather biased decisions on then? CLearly someone else's opinion, reviews, price tags or whatever gets a higher profit margin I suppose?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guests

if you want to continue measuring your penis go right ahead, i am done.

i will only comment to 1 thing

"price tags or whatever gets a higher profit margin I suppose?"

you have obviously never called here.
    we have never been about the money but rather customer service and whats best for your specific needs and work flow.
    95% of the time a customer experiances "dont waste your money on upgrade a or b"

anyone who has bought from us will attest to this.

FYI after i toss in free cables for the Aurora (which is not included) the profit is the same.

Scott

5. Cucco

Cucco Well-Known Member

Scott -
    These petty attacks are annoying.
    My first post to you said very nicely that I personally had issue with your blanket generalizations and gave you the opportunity to provide some background behind them. Instead, you attacked the inegrity of my hearing and backed up nothing with facts.
    Now, instead of just providing any facts still, your claiming that we're having a cock war.
    Get over yourslef man. Your ego is writing checks neither your intellect nor your ears can cash.

Also, feel free to quote me out of context again, I don't take it personally. The profit margins quote was one of a list of potential reasons. Besides, hasn't Lynx been offering that free cable deal for over a year now?

Seriously, if all you're going to do is dodge my question and levy personal attacks, I'm going to request this topic be locked.