Anyone Used A Novation K-Station?

Discussion in 'Synths / Samplers & VSTi' started by cnegrad, Mar 21, 2003.

Tags:
  1. cnegrad

cnegrad Guest

Greetings,

Anyone have any feelings on the Novation K-Station? I like what I've heard, & I'm inclined to buy one soon. (I know the vst version is much cheaper, but I prefer the hardware version for numerous reasons.)

Any thoughts?
    :p:

2. Mario-C.

Mario-C. Active Member

Home Page:
    I'm using a Nova right now, you can get some good sounds out of it but the presets are not that good, initially I thought that it sounded very thin and digital but if you reprogram things you can get very usable sounds

3. popcorn

popcorn Guest

I'm thimking about K-station,but still not sure what I could expect from.I need decent vocoder and nice fat synth,but the problem is that I don't want Trance and Techno sounds.I'm after real analog,so that is the reason of my hesitation.May be Access Virus?

Regards!

Donny

4. AzureCrystal

AzureCrystal Active Member

I own a Waldorf micro Q and have used the Virus, Nord Modular, and K-station and can tell you that the K-station is by far the sweeter sounding, warmer, and the least Techno of the above.... If you are looking for something for a more keyboard/pad warm analog sound, the K-station would be great for you. I do love my micro Q though, that machine can scream and wail !!

5. Nate Tschetter

Nate Tschetter Active Member

Howdy

I haven't checked it out. I'm quite keen on my microKorg. I'm also looking forward to the new Nord Modular.

I liked the Access Virus as well. Very flexible, great sounding, nice effects but slightly convoluted UI.

I don't know anything about what is required for "techno" music though. What sorts of sounds are important in that genre?

6. Dave Nyberg

Dave Nyberg Guest

I have a K-Station and it's not true that it's only for a certain music style. It contains the normal waves like saw, square, sin, noise and has osc sync and fm. So it can do a lot more then techno only :)

I love the sound it produces. Very slick and warm. It has some functions to emulate analog really nicely. I have a juno 106 also and i must say that the K-Station's attempt at analog bass is very good :)

For it's price you get a very cool little synth which is portable as well (no battery's though).
    I also use it to control softsynths. It has more then 20 knobs/faders and buttons which all send out midi data. The vocoder isn't the best i've used. For a great vocoding interface you should look at Vokator from NI (software) :)

Hope this informs you a bit on the K-Station :)