API 3124-m vs 3124-m+

Discussion in 'Preamps / Channel Strips' started by MicrophoneMan, Nov 12, 2001.

1. MicrophoneMan

MicrophoneMan Member

hello, Jon got some great API answeres here as of late I felt I should take a stab at one I have..

looking at picking up a used 3124-M, does anyone know what the differences are between it and it's newer model, the "plus"?

mainly intersted in the sound being the same...

thanks

2. anonymous

anonymous Guests

I would hazard a geuss that it is just something like the phantome powerr being on the front (handy) instead of on the back (mild pain) but little to do with the sound!
    :)
    Anyone?
    :)

3. anonymous

anonymous Guests

BINGO!

"With the re-design of the 3124 and the 3124M, we brought the phantom power switch to the front, added a polarity switch, added a transformer balanced stereo output option, added a little color, then Jeff wanted to call them the 3124 Plus and the 3124M Plus. ..So, be it...The circuit is still the original 312 mic pre-amp card, with all of the stuff hooked up for you. ..Many have tried to copy it, but it still wins the shoot outs!!!"

http://www.apiaudio.com/3124.htm

I see little to stop you buying it especialy if it's a bargain

Go get it!

:w: