apogee mini DAC or motu traveler?

Discussion in 'Mixing' started by fontane, Mar 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. fontane

fontane Guest

anyone have any feedback on using these with a PC system? i will be running it on the following machine:

alienware 7700
    P4 3.2
    2GB DDR2
    915 chipset
    geforce 6800
    2 firewire ports
    4 usb 2.0 ports

would like to run sonar 4 unless some sees why i should get cubase sx3? i already have sonar 3 and was going to upgrade...

feedback please?

2. Fintan

Fintan Guest

i have been using the latest edition of sonar 4 producer edition and i think that program is excellent, although i will be switching to a digital performer/protools setup, i would recommend sonar to any pc users out there.

both of the interfaces you mentioned are fantasitic from what i have read- so it would really come down to price and options that fit your needs. i dont think you could go wrong with either one

3. John Stafford

John Stafford Well-Known Member

I use Sonar 3 and wish to upgrade to version 4 for those workflow improvements. I also use Samplitude, which I love, but I expect Sonar 4 will be an indespensible tool for real world tasks.

If you want flexibility and inputs get the MOTU, but if you simply want high quality 2-channel conversion for monitoring the Apogee would be a better bet.

John Stafford