Apple releases new Mac mini

Discussion in 'Computing' started by kmetal, Nov 2, 2018.

1. kmetal

kmetal Kyle P. Gushue Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    https://www.apple.com/mac-mini/

Taking advantage of 8th gen Intel processors, you can get anywhere from a 4core/4thread i3, to the 6c/12t i7 chip (800-1300$), It also has 4x thunderbolt 3 ports. I can see this as a great companion to a UA Apollo interface, and perhaps taking the pain out of portable audio production. I would gladly take this over a Mac book or iMac. It's tb3 ports make up for lack of pcie slots, allowing you to connect an external pcie chassis, this is about as portable as Intel I-series desktop computing gets.

Nice to see Mac making a decent computer again and pricing it realistically. Pretty neat if you ask me. They ship Nov 6, 2018.

Cheers!

pcrecord likes this.
  2. Makzimia

Makzimia The Minstrel Well-Known Member

While I think it’s a handy price point and powerful little Mac, more external devices is a big no no for me... more power sockets, more cables.. yuck!. I’m hopeful Apple’s going to make a proper Mac Pro again, and spec it for a good starting price.

3. kmetal

kmetal Kyle P. Gushue Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I think we all have our fingers crossed on that one! The mac pro towers were great machines. And still are.

4. Makzimia

Makzimia The Minstrel Well-Known Member

Still using my personally upgraded 2012 Mac Pro.

kmetal likes this.
  • AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed