1. Buy or Sell at your your own risk. RECORDING ORG is not responsible for any loss due to using this free and public service. Buyer/seller BEWARE. Your are accepting this when using this free public service.

Wanted ART tubefire8

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Stuart, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Stuart

Stuart Member

Apologies for brazenly signing up to further my search for an ART tubefire8? Does anyone need to offload one of these? Or know how to track one down? I want to daisy chain with my existing one. Alternatively, a cheap way to obtain 16 analogue line- in channels of audio? Many thanks.

2. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Many 8 channels interfaces have ADAT in/out. Those connections can be use to get a higher channel count.
    Saddly your Tubefire doesn't have either Adat in nor Adat out.. So you wouldn't not be able to use it with another interface or add an ADAT preamp unit..

Good luck with your search and welcome to RO !!

3. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Oh, you could use the art in stand alone mode if you buy an interface with enough line to converter inputs. (you have to chech the manual if you can put it in stand alone (redirect all inputs to seperate output and use it without a computer)
    For exemple, the Antelope ZenStudio comes with 12 preamps and it also has a D-SUB 25pin connector that can receive 8 line channels.

4. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    You can daisy-chain FireWire units on a single FireWire connection, so another FireWire 8-channel box may well be the most economical way of achieving your target. If you went for a second box other than a TubeFire, successful operation would depend on the respective software control utilities playing well together down the same cable.

It's not clear from your post what sort of audio quality you are looking for. At the low-cost end of the market, Tascam makes a 16-input channel unit, the US-16x08. Higher up than that, many 8-channel interfaces have ADAT expanders to add a further 8 channels, as pcrecord mentioned. If you are never going to need microphone inputs, buying 16 channels of interface with pre-amps on every channel is probably not going to be cost-effective.

pcrecord likes this.
  5. Stuart

Stuart Member

Thanks guys. I simply need another 8 analogue line-ins so I can simultaneously record 8 stereo inputs from synths etc. The daisy chain with a different unit may be possible through Ableton Live audio preferences but I don’t want to buy in order to find out that it isn’t! Hence my search for another tubefire. I see one on eBay in the US but shipping to UK is silly money and the voltage is probably not switchable. I think I’ll resort to a long stalk on websites. Nice to have some knowledgeable responses though, cheers.