Artist/Engineer Contract

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mark_van_j, Jan 10, 2006.

  1. mark_van_j

    mark_van_j Active Member

    Oct 28, 2005
    Maribor, Slovenia
    I have a couple of projects in the next couple of weeks, and I am wondering what kind of contracts you (engineers) use, if any.

    I wrote up about a page and a half regarding payment issues, track owning, crediting, ect... But I feel that I have left so much out that I don't know about. I wouldn't want to burn myself and waste time/lose money because I didn't consult with other, more experienced engineers.

    Also, if I had a lawyer write up such a contract, what kind of lawyer would that be, and what would that cost me?
  2. jeffery

    jeffery Guest

    Hey van, as far as I know, engineers are usually work for hire, Its left completely up to you to offer them any sort of royalties from the sale of your cd.

    With reference to a contract, there is no standard Artiste/Engineer contract as seen in Record Label/Producer or Music Publisher/Songwriter.

    Once you have a document stating that "your job is to mix X amount of songs for X amount of dollars, your name will be on the Cd as recording or Mix engineer. Have a witness sign the document. The rest is history.

Share This Page