1. Hi Guest, if you haven't already... enter to WIN ACID Pro Give-away
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Daw Latency

Discussion in 'Converters / Interfaces' started by Josem, Nov 18, 2017.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. Josem

Josem Active Member

Maybe this question has been asked several times. But I want to know how do you guys get the latency to 0 or bypass it? I have tried to lower the buffer nut still get the latency in my daw while monitoring thru the daw.

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

monitor the inputs you are recording while you monitor the outs of previously recorded tracks on the daw

3. bouldersound

bouldersound Real guitars are for old people. Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Normally you would want to use the low latency input monitoring feature of your interface. Monitoring through the DAW will cause more latency.

audiokid likes this.
  4. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Like others said, the only way is to have an interface that offers a realtime mixer.

As for buffer vs latency with real time effects like amp sim, there is no such thing as zero latency. Computers will take time to process an incoming signal and play the result back.
    I usually aim for below 20ms at which point most humain can't hear the delay.
    If you can't achieve seemless realtime effects, you should analyse what makes your computer slow the process down.
    The most common reasons are antivirus running, access to internet, bad driver programming or other eating ressources process.

This can help you pin point problems : http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

audiokid likes this.
  5. Josem

Josem Active Member

Thanks guys got it resolved. I had to reset reaper as the buffer was not going lower then 512 samples.

pcrecord and audiokid like this.
  6. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:

Glad to learn this and thank you for reporting back to us (y) Cheers!

7. Josem

Josem Active Member

Can anyone direct to a page that can help me set up my roland td 6v drums+tascam1640 to reaper using ez drummer 2. I been trying to send the midi out to my interface then to reaper using ez drummer but when I look into midi device or scan for it. It will not recognize it

8. pcrecord

Home Page:
    Make sure Reaper recognise/activate the tascam midi ports
    You need to plug the TD6 midi output to the midi input of the tascam.
    Open EzDrummer in reaper and make sure its input is tascam midi.. (at track level)
    You should be good to go..
    As an experienced advice, I always record with the internal sounds of my TD 9 and once recorded in midi in my daw I loadup my vsti drums and make the midi play to it.
    The reason ? No latency while recording.
    To do so I plug the audio output of the TD to my interface and make use of the real time mixer.

9. Josem

Josem Active Member

I check that when I run reaper I got to preference device midi and I do not see the e drum to choose.

10. pcrecord

Home Page:
    You won't ... you should see the midi port of your audio interface...
    Midi only transmit notes, duration, velocity and some other info.. but it's not like a usb port, it won't install the TD directly to the computer.. instead the TD transmit midi data via the midi cable to the midi port of your interface and then your DAW should be able to record those midi data...

11. Josem

Josem Active Member

O right I got it fixed it under up being my tascam midi out and in I have a eleven rack sitting in my studio ended up using it and it works with my drums I never thought I would need to use the eleven rack but I guess now I can.

12. pcrecord

Home Page:
    ???
    You should be able to make it work with the TD midi out plugged to the midi in of the Tascam.
    If not, check the drivers and settings in reaper...

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed