1. Buy or Sell at your your own risk. RECORDING ORG is not responsible for any loss due to using this free and public service. Buyer/seller BEWARE. Your are accepting this when using this free public service.

Wanted Audio Forensic type edit help.

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Nicole Goebel, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Nicole Goebel

Nicole Goebel Member

i have a file I need to understand.. I’ve tried to do it myself and have reduced noise enough to hear parts and whispers but can’t make out entirely.. it’s challenging and good practice?! I really really really am praying someone can help me, please.

Nicolegoebel30@gmail.com

2. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    I've been asked a similar question from this lady recently.

upload_2018-2-13_13-51-52.png

Here's a part of my answer :
    Much like eyes adapting to the light, our brain can filter/concentrate to a very narrow part of what the ears capture.
    But audio captured by a microphone can't do this. It captures the waves sound traveling in its path all equally (depending on its conception)
    The same way, 1 mic can't help you dissern if an audio source is more to the right or the left of it.

I've been exposed to a numerous recording where actual people wispered through immense amount of noise and 99% of the time we can't do anything to make the recording better.

The only times this works is when the noise is of a different nature form the source we want to recover...

Audio recording and audio forensics are two very different activities. Recordist trives to record the most perfect signal with good frequencies and no noise, forensics works with the oposite.

Many law firms have audio forensic contacts, you could look there.

3. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Old RO member Jeremy Cucco (@Cucco) might be able to help.

Nicole Goebel and pcrecord like this.