1. Dear Guest, if you haven't already... enter to WIN Samplitude Pro X5!
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull Visits Røde Microphones & Freedman Electronics Group

Discussion in 'Press Release Forum' started by audiokid, Feb 26, 2017.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    audiokid submitted a new resource:

Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull Visits Røde Microphones & Freedman Electronics Group - The Prime Minister said, “RØDE is an extraordinary story of Australian innovation;

Read more about this resource...

2. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    It is quite the success story, and worthy of acknowledgement.

I've used Rode mics I really liked a lot, some not quite so much, but there's no doubt that they have made their own mark in the industry. I've seen Rode mics in both home and pro studios alike.

That first big seller they made, the original black NT-1, was, IMO, a really nice sounding mic, and also priced very reasonably. At the time I remember thinking that it could have been priced at twice as much as it was, and it would still have been considered to be a worthy mic, and a solid value.

I've also had the opportunity to use their tube condenser ( is it the NTK-1?), which I found to be great on a female vocals, at least the female artist whom I was working with at the time; she had a very breathy and wispy kind of voice, and that mic really suited her... very warm, silky, with a smooth mid range (we were using her Focusrite 2 channel preamp at that time).

I've used a few different Rode models since that I haven't cared for quite as much as those previously mentioned - if I'm not mistaken there was a second series of NT-1 later on (a silver model ?) that I thought didn't sound as good to me as that first original version. I've also been told by a few friends who are Rode mic owners, that their later mics suffered from QC issues for a period of time in there a few years ago - I can't attest to this personally though, maybe they just coincidentally happened to all get lemons? ;)

Nonetheless, theirs is certainly a success story, and deserves accolades.

FWIW
    -d.

3. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I have a pair of early Rode NT2-A LDCs with switchable patterns, a pair of NT55 SDCs with the HPF and attenuator switches, and an NT4 stereo mic (two of the same capsules used in the NT5/NT55).

While the NT55 and NT4 are very good mics, the NT2-A is a remarkable microphone for its price.

4. Makzimia

Makzimia The Minstrel Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I've owned a NT-2 since 1997. The NT2-A I have now also, is a great mic as Bos says.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed