Auxillary workstation- what should I use?

Discussion in 'Mixing & Song Critique' started by markrpaulson, Mar 8, 2002.

Tags:
  1. markrpaulson

markrpaulson Guest

I currently run a modest setup based around some nice outboard pieces and Digital Performer through a 1296 and a 2408 to a G4. This has suited me well, but i've always wnated to also have a TiBook or something to suppliment it so i could do two channel location recording with a laptop and a small road case. Anyway, I just ran across a Gateway 333mhz laptop that someone was giving away (dont ask). I'm familiar enough with PCs, but as far as audio goes, i'm at a loss. Could someone recommend a program and an interface i could use to do 24bit two channel recording on the gateway, dumping the files later to my mac. I don't want to spend a ton of money, i just want to record some decent sounding stuff on location that I can do real work on back home.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Digigram (France) VX Pocket seems to be a market leader.. but spendy... I bet there are cheaper ones.. MBox by Digidesign?

Link removed

:w:

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed