Basic tips required for setup and recording

Discussion in 'Microphones & Recording' started by Deusx, Mar 13, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Deusx

Deusx Active Member

i want to record electric guitar tracks for my song - no micing i.e direct recording through vamp or other effects processors. i m going to get a motu ultra lite.
    so i want to know that after i install that card what would i have to configure to make it work with my recording software (Sonar 6 producer).

1 are there any special configurations to make it compatible with the sonar settings.

2 are there any special configurations to make it compatible with the sonar settings. if i plan to record bass guitar or vocals or use micing.

3 what should i do especially for recording direct electric guitar on a single track . i.e selecting which out put and input channels. when should i add limiters, compresssors, etc (what is their use in the recording)

4 when to choose stereo or mono recording and why?

where can i get more help on doing tracing at home. any books ?

my goal is to do guitar tracking at home. no plan for vocals or micing things yet.

i've a basic complete setup for recording i.e
    genelec 8030a monitors, a pc capable of recording my instruments, and just waiting for the sound interface.

2. dementedchord

dementedchord Well-Known Member

once you cop the ultralite just go through the driver instalation and sonar set up exactlly like the manuals... i know it's a litlle scary at first way too many oportunities to fuk up... just take a deep breath and do it... if you need additional help give us a yell... and keep the manuals close by... cool???