1. Dear Guest, if you haven't already... enter to WIN Samplitude Pro X4!
    Dismiss Notice

"Bass Drops" and "Backward Cymbals"

Discussion in 'Rides / Cymbals' started by JesterMasque, Sep 24, 2007.

1. JesterMasque

JesterMasque Active Member

Home Page:
    I will be recording a death metal band soon and they want the electronic "bass drops" and "backward, shimmering cymbal" sounds to accompany their music. Where can I get these sounds from?

The guy at the local GC said that I need to buy the entire Battery program from Waves, however I am sure that there is a better way to them than that.

Can someone please help me here? I do not want to lose the business of this band because I can not give them what they want for electronic sounds...

Thanks so much!

2. ;)

1a.) Record a cymbal crash/wash (or use a sample) with a full decay

1b.) [Optional] Add a dense reverb with a smooth tail and print it to the original file

2.) If you're using software, your host application will almost surely have a "reverse" function. If not, upload some files and I'll help you out.

3. JesterMasque

JesterMasque Active Member

Home Page:
    Thanks Patrick! I will be downloading those tomorrow for sure.

Do you know Cubase SX3? I have tried searching for a reverse function but had no luck in the past. It might be one of the ten-bagillion buttons that I have never used before, lol...

4. Select the track, then click the "Audio" tab --> "Process" --> "Reverse"

5. MediaMurder

MediaMurder Guest

oh yeah!

I use the reverse cymbal thing all the time.

Just like Pat said, Record the crash add the verb and reverse it. sometimes you can even add a phaser or flange for a really cool fade-in effect. Try not to overdue it though, keep it generally in the back with a guitar fading in with it...

Sounds like heaven to me!

6. Darkshadows

Darkshadows Guest

How do i download your bass drop samples? I'm in the process of startring a metalcore band and we would like to use them. I tried your "here" link and i couldnt open it

7. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

Odds are it's been deleted in the last 2 years...