Best Mic and Preamp

Discussion in 'Preamps / Channel Strips' started by didzejzefir, May 30, 2003.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. didzejzefir

didzejzefir Guest

I am looking at a couple of mics:

sp-03
    rode ntk
    at 4050
    chure ksm 44
    at 4060

which one would you recommend or have a say about one of these or which one is the best. Also which preamp would go along with them: price range: under $1500

2. didzejzefir

didzejzefir Guest

SHURE ksm 44.. sorry

3. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

No doubt AT4050. It can do almost anything. To me it sounds slightly better than the C414 Bulls.
    I have 3 At´s, use them daily.
    If you are in a limited budget, look for the cardioid only model, At4040. Some people say it even sounds better than the At4050 picking up vocals. :s:

4. didzejzefir

didzejzefir Guest

Thanx a lot... what mic pre would be best for the AT 4040.. I was looking at a GRACE 101 or FOCUSRITE VMP.. what are your opinions..

5. dax

dax Guest

hey dude , im looking to sell my AT4050. I layed it away thinking I was going to use it as an all in one mic. Now I have to sell. It is still in the box, and has never been opened. Email me for price, I promise the price im askin is wayyy below the list price. :tu:

6. dax

dax Guest

oh yea , forgot my e mail address. Its deadboyy99@yahoo.com ,, ahh hell I will just say that im asking $450.00 dollars for it. There , I said it :d: It is brand new , never opened still in the box, with warrenty.

Peace :p: