Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO

Discussion in 'Microphones & Recording' started by SmashKAB, May 9, 2009.

1. SmashKAB

SmashKAB Active Member

I just got this pair of headphones today. Haven't used them yet. But they were expensive, and I want to validate the purchase. Anyone have an opinion on these?

2. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Dude... NO ONE can validate a personal purchase like headphones or speakers. These are things that effect each person a different way. Only YOU can answer that question. The best way to do this is to use them.

3. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

They are simultaneously the greatest and worst headphones ever made as long as every continous variable in between.

See DAWG's answer...

FWIW, I really love my 880s (a different beast) for a lot of things - but, they can tend to exaggerate the bass. Then again, what closed-back HP doesn't?

4. SmashKAB

SmashKAB Active Member

I think I know what you guys are trying to say. I've never actually done this before with proper headphones, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

I'll make sure my Receiver and my comps eq is totally flat before I start, I just finished the recording with my band today.

5. SmashKAB

SmashKAB Active Member

Ok, now that I've had a few days to break these in I can see how they provide a good Mixing environment. Also Anything I listen to that has been mastered (Ie. Music, Tv shows, movies, Games) I can hear each layer, in a very 3D kinda way. I'm not sure if that's the best way to describe it buuuut I think they were worth what I payed for them. :D