bm6a

Discussion in 'Monitoring' started by IanW-UK, Nov 8, 2003.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. Jonesey

Jonesey Active Member

The Bm6a's. never heard the yammys.

Jonesey

2. IanW-UK

IanW-UK Guest

Thanks mate :)

3. robchittum

robchittum Guest

IanW-UK,
    I use a pair of BM6A's and I absolutely love them. They are probably the purchase that I feel most proud of. I researched a lot of speakers in the $1500 and under price range, and finally decided on them. I owned a pair of MSP-5's, and I never could get them to translate on other systems nearly as well as I have the Dyns. Some could argue that it was my lack of experience, but this is somewhat discounted by the fact that the dyns translated better the first time that I used them than I could ever get out of the Yamahas. They seem to give me an accurate picture of the sound, and that's all I know. I sold my MSP-5's, and put my money toward the Dynaudio's after ordering the Mackie 824's. I sent the 824's back before opening them after seeing all of the negative comments about them on this site. I highly recommend the Dyns, and don't think you can go wrong with them. Good luck.

Rob

4. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Another vote here for the BM6A's. Monitors are, of course, very subjective. But, they suit me well. They convey bass info suprisingly well. Certainly much better than the Mackies (which I've always found to be scooped sounding, with a strange bottom end).

5. IanW-UK

IanW-UK Guest

Thanks for the replies guys :)

6. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    opening up an old thread from long ago. Love these monitors.

7. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

Home Page:
    I have had the pleasure of listening to various mixes through these and can honestly say that they are very pleasing. I've owned my share of monitors and currently have Studio Precision 8's as my mains, soon enough I'll be getting another reference pair and will have the bm6a's in high consideration along with the 8030a's and some A7's which I enjoy as well. They're all more or less in the same price range (except for the Adams which have apparently dropped considerably). If anyone owns a pair of the Dynaudios hold on to them because they sound great (in terms of image, clarity, and accuracy).

8. Jeemy

Jeemy Well-Known Member

I use both 6As and 15Ps - love em.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed