Cable query - HELP!

Discussion in 'Accessories / Connections' started by the_gid, Jun 1, 2005.

  1. the_gid

    the_gid Guest

    hi all.

    i have got a set of MSP5's - each has 2 line sockets on the back, 1 XLR (female) and 1 standard Jack (guitar cable size)

    Now, my audio interface only has Jack outputs for the monitors...

    -i went and bought the wrong cables..I got Jack to (female) XLR! (idiot I know)

    my question is - If I use Lynx Male XLR adapters (effectively switching my female XLR connections for male ones) will I lose signal or sound quality in a dramatic way??

    Thanks for any help in advance - i am closely monitoring this post! :D
  2. Massive Mastering

    Massive Mastering Well-Known Member

    Jul 18, 2004
    Chicago area, IL, USA
    Home Page:
    "Gender benders" shouldn't be a significant problem...

    I'd replace/return the cables if you can at some point, but don't lose any sleep over it.
  3. dynomike

    dynomike Guest

    Those standard "jacks" are just called 1/4" TRS. If, in fact, they are balanced. A guitar cable is TS, which is unbalanced.

    Not a big deal to use gender benders, but it would be even better to return the cable and buy the correct one I suppose.
  4. the_gid

    the_gid Guest

    that's cool,

    1/4 TRS - yes I know but standard Jacks are called so many things these days i prefer to clarify.

    -i'm not returning the cables because I can't really be bothered to post them to scotland.

    thanks again

Share This Page