1. Hi Guest, if you are interested in professional video editing software, be sure to enter to WIN > Vegas Pro 15 now!
    Dismiss Notice

Can I buy a gobo anywhere? Or how do I make one?

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by adlib, Mar 3, 2003.

  • AT5047

    The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

  1. adlib

    adlib Guest

    Just wondering if there's a commercially built (good quality) gobo out there that I can buy. I don't have any tools but have access to some, plus there's a home depot down the street.

    I need it for drums/sax. I also need one for the upright bass. I record Jazz in my living room and just want to have a little more control over the sound for a better mixing experience. I do like the bleed but when drums or sax start to really hit it can be tough to mix.
  2. Kemble

    Kemble Member

    Mar 4, 2002
    what size are you looking for, and what thickness/structure/sound stopping ability do you seek?

  3. adlib

    adlib Guest

    I need one for a small jazz drumset. About 6' high x 4' wide. I would need 2 of them to cover the front of the kit. It would have to have plexiglass for visual cues.
    The bass gobo needs to be 4' and enough to wrap around the bass.
    How are those plastic shields it I put foam or blankets on the bottom half of them?

Share This Page