1. Dear Guest, if you haven't already... enter to WIN Samplitude Pro X5!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't Get Rid of Clicks/Crackles with RX

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by zamboknee, Aug 16, 2017.

1. zamboknee

zamboknee Active Member

I'm trying to get rid of some clicks and/or crackles in an interview with Izotope RX 6. I tried the 'click' and 'noise' and even 'mouth click' settings (with various tweaking of settings) but can't seem to get rid of these noises.
    I've attached a sample of what I'm talking about. It's only on the left channel.
    Any recommendations on how to get RX to get rid of this? I'm not well versed in the program and am reading up on it now but if anyone has experience with this program (or another?) and how to get rid of the noises I'd really appreciate it.
    I'm hoping to get an answer before tomorrow morning when the interview airs but if not...I'll know for next time I guess.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Right, the noise is only on the left, so you could work on the left channel and leave the right untouched.

If declick, demouth and other automatic tools arent't helping, you still can do it manually with spectral repair. You select the noise and spectral will replace it with surrounding signal.

3. Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson Active Member

Assuming you've got the standard or advanced version I'd suspect that @pcrecord 's solution may be a good one.

A lot of them sound quite similar over earbuds so you may be able to at least semi automate using the 'Find similar event" functionality.

pcrecord likes this.
  4. zamboknee

zamboknee Active Member

I found the 'find similar event.' How do I find the similar events and then apply the Spectral Repair to these events?

5. Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson Active Member

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed