Can't hear sound from computer while using headphones

Discussion in 'Computing' started by ITOLAX, Nov 29, 2013.

1. ITOLAX

ITOLAX Active Member

Hi I am new to this amazing site! And I came here in hopes of having my problem addressed! I will first address my equipment. I am working with a Rode microphone which is plugged into a scarlett 2i2 (focusrite audio interface) of which is plugged into my laptop (dell with windows 7 operating system) the DAW I am using is Ableton Live Lite v8. See now my problem is that I cant hear anything through my headphones except the microphone! Where as I could hear the microphone and youtube, iTunes and everything else before all through the headphones! I finally got the latency to go away and now this anybody out there who can help? It would be much appreciated!!!(y)

2. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Set the "Direct Monitor" switch on the 2i2 front panel to OFF when you want to hear what is coming out of the computer.

3. ITOLAX

ITOLAX Active Member

Thank you for the speedy reply but unfortunately that did not solve the issue! When I switch the direct monitor to off I cant hear the mic no more and I still cant here the sounds from the computer!! SO sorry any idea?