Check this eBay auction for Studio Time! Good idea IMO

Discussion in 'Microphones & Recording' started by Randyman..., Feb 6, 2005.

1. Randyman...

Randyman... Well-Known Member

I just stumbled on this eBay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23785&item=3779559067&rd=1

(No, I'm NOT affiliated with them :roll: )

Seems like a good idea - but $35 an hour? This studio has to be taking a beating to offer that kind of deal? I guess this might help them pull in enough business to keep their doors open? It looks like a VERY nice studio, too (SSL and NEVE!!!)! I know I wouldn't mind saving 50% versus going to LA, or paying a bit of airfare to end up with a cheap, but professional product (opposed to a cheap, but "semi-pro" project ;) ).

What do you think about this? This will surely cut into the "Project Studios" price range, and with top-notch analog/digital gear! Do you think this will become a trend?

:cool:

2. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Looks like he really has some nice stuff!
    I wouldn't kill for any of his effects processors, other than maybe the Lex PCM.
    I live in PA. So he's not too far for my band.
    Thanks fur the post Randyman...

3. tripnek

tripnek Active Member

He's probably like most other studio's in Ohio. Broke! Gotta make the payments somehow. This biz is goin down the shitter fast.

4. J-3

J-3 Active Member

My friends.........Times, they are a changin'..............for better? for worse? we'll see.......