Computer audio solution

Discussion in 'Computing' started by oversampling, Aug 7, 2009.

1. oversampling

oversampling Guest

I have a computer with on-board audio. Line out is pretty good quality.

I would like to have a really good pair of speakers placed near LCD monitor.

Should I go for active monitors or should I go for an integrated amp +
    speakers?

I have also some other sources (like tuner) that I would like to connect to this system so amp option seems more suitable. And I don't want to spend a fortune.

Any proposal or advice?

2. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Budget? Really, I suppose it depends on what you plan on doing. I don't know that plugging a tuner into your pc soundcard is going to sound any good. You could take the line out of your pc and send it to the aux of an amp but I imagine there would be a potential for unwanted distortion. I used to do this with my Delta 44. It worked fine for listening to music.

When it comes to PC audio, I think it's all a matter of just buy what you can afford. The more you spend the better.

3. oversampling

oversampling Guest

Budget around $600.

My initial idea was to connect PC and tuner to an amp where I can select the source and adjust the volume.

4. jammster

jammster Active Member

I use passive speakers and an amp, that way if you blow a speaker/ amp just use the other one/set you got till you get it fixed.

One things for sure, put your money into a good set of speakers that turn your crank!

There is nothing better than enjoying your mixes.