Connection Question

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by 6StringTaylor, Jul 9, 2006.

  1. I have a question. I have a G5 IMac and I'm currently using Garageband. I actually have Pro Logic, but working my way up to that beast. My question is this..... how do the Pros connect to their Macs? There is the (line in) import that uses a 1/8 in. jack adapter with the guitar cable or mic cable plugged into it. I was looking into a firewire interface or a USB interface. I will get a lot better sound by doing that than the line in import on my mac correct? Also, which is better?... the Firewire or USB? Thanks for any help.

  2. Reggie

    Reggie Well-Known Member

    Dec 20, 2004
    Yes, assuming you get an interface of greater quality than the stock G5 soundcard.

    Most will say Firewire. Other items you will need to shop for: monitors, preamps, DI's, microphones, cables.

Share This Page