cranesong ibis, ear825q,milennia media nseq 2

Discussion in 'Graphic / Parametric EQ (analog)' started by random logic, Mar 11, 2004.

1. random logic

random logic Guest

hi guys!

i am thinking about new eq for my studio, these are my top choices- any thoughts? tnx in advance,

2. gawlowski

gawlowski Guest

Hi random logic,
    What kind of sound are you looking for?
    All three mentioned sound completely different.
    I have Millennia NSEQ-2.Very good EQ,rather on the sweet side,a little hard sounding to me,but in a good way.It also has two modes:Tube and Solid State.It's a perfect alternative to my Manley Massive Passive because it's the opposite.
    Great EQ.

Jacek Gawlowski
    JG Master Lab

3. OTRjkl

OTRjkl Guest

Although I can't say from experience, I've heard from very reliable sources that the Ibis is the most transparent of the 3 with the added ability to color if needed...

4. random logic

random logic Guest

i am looking for eq which will be suitable for mastering and single instrument processing. i tried only ear825q at nautilus mastering in milano and i liked it very much [www.ear-yoshino.com]. . nseq2 and especially ibis offer more sound options i guess. now i use amek 9098 and orban 672a for eq and i want to go a step higher . it is difficult to decide which is best for me as i can not try them in my studio. any more opinions? tnx in advance,