Cubase LE won't open...help!

Discussion in 'Mixing' started by Newton, Oct 20, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Newton

Newton Guest

Hello,

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Cubase LE several times. I also re-formatted my hard drive! I still get this error when I try to open up Cubase LE: "Communication with audio card has been lost. Select "Reset Drivers" in options menu or re-start cubase or windows".

Then windows gives an error box saying that Cubase has encountered a problem and must close. Cubase won't even open!
    My Cool Edit 2000 works fine.

I noticed under Device Manager, that there's the dreaded big fat yellow ? next to "multimedia audio controller".

I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling this driver, and it says the wizard cannot find he necessary software, even when I used the M-audio install. CD. Also got the latest driver for the Audiophile 24/96 card from their website.

Anyone know how can I get cubase to open up?

Thank you,
    Paul French

2. Space

Space Distinguished Member

Paul,

The "dreaded big fat yellow" warning is there for a reason. It tells the user that some type of problem or failure exists. In this case I would look towards the soundcard.

Windows detects an issue, Cubase detects an issue and the installation software detects an issue. This is not a good sign if you are the owner of this sound card:(

Take care,