Wanted to share something that worked really well for me the other night. The "producer" and I sat down a few weeks back to do things like setting tempos and prepping all the song files for recording. We also laid down scratch tracks (vox, rhythm guitar, bass) to the click so's the drummer had something to help him follow along. When the time came to track the drums for one particular cut, the drummer balked; the tempo was too slow, and the rather complicated beat he was playing required a specific tempo to match the rebound on his snare rolls. The "producer" and I realized that he was right, and that we had tracked all the scratch tracks at the wrong tempo. So, what to do? We didn't want to redo the scratch tracks, and we certainly couldn't just ditch the whole cut. I suppose I could have spent a few hours messing with my DAW to time-compress the audio, but I really didn't want to. On a whim, I tried something, and it worked perfectly. The scratch tracks had been recorded at 44.1kHz, so I set Cubase to 48kHz. The 8.8% speedup that this gave was just about perfect, and brought the tempo from 220bpm to 239.456bpm. The drummer got to play along with the chipmunks, but it was the right tempo, and we didn't have to do any re-recording or time-shifting. The only thing I had to do was to calculate the exact ratio and apply that to the tempo setting in Cubase's transport bar. Next time you have audio that's a little too slow, try it! The only downside is that when I send out the final mix for mastering, they'll have to resample it to 44.1kHz, but that doesn't bother me...much.