defferance between 4050 and 4050/cm5

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by werewolf, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. werewolf

    werewolf Guest

    Hi guys , I just recently bought a Audio Technica 4050 from a local dealer. But when I got it the lettering on the mic and the box was differant then the ones I see on the web. The ones I see on the web say 4050/cm5 on the bottom of the mic, which looks like silver lettering. On my brand new 4050 it says just "4050" in a goldish kind of lettering. Can anyone shed some light on this situation, as too why mine is differant , and what the differances are?
  2. Alécio Costa - Brazil

    Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

    Mar 19, 2002
    Mine also has the cm5. isn´t it the shock mount model that comes bundled? BTW.. You did a great purchase.
  3. Wayne Butler

    Wayne Butler Guest

    The CM5 notation has to do with the shock mount. The newer 4050 mics have the new style shock mount. The CM5 utilizes the rubber band type shock mount. Both mounts are OK.

    The main thing is you got a great mic. Very versatile in its uses and good quality control. I've got a couple and they get used a lot.

    Wayne :w:
  4. werewolf

    werewolf Guest

    thanks man

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice