DIGI OO2 Rack and TASCAM US-428

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by Bahia, Feb 11, 2004.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. Bahia

Bahia Guest

Hi friends.

I have being using the Tascam Us-428 and Cubase for about 3 years and I am very happy with my tyni setup.I just love my blue box ,and after a while i get pretty well with Cubase too ( I specially love cubase midi part and Halion).
    So I have a very practical little home setup for composing and pre.production.All revolves into my already "old" G4 733hz,1.250 ram and 160GB.
    I do not have any proper plugins (reverb,delay,equalizer) I think the ones that comes with Cubase just suck!!! But anyway,I almost never finish my work at home,I ussually take my "totally dry " audio files to a "proper " studio,usually into another Mac and into a ProTools System...

So lately since the advent of Digi 002 Rack I see that as an affordable way to get into ProTools and get finally used to it...

But i dont want to stop using Cubase and the Tascam to compose...Will my US-428 do well controlling ProTools LE ???Anyone with such an experience???

Best regards.

Bahia

2. algorhythm

algorhythm Guest

The 428 can control all MIDI-compatibile versions of PT, including LE.

3. Bahia

Bahia Guest

Thanks for your tip.

I love my blue box and I have being testing it with ProTools Free,of course it works just fine.
    I just wanted to meet some people who are experienced using both the Tascam US-428 and a Digi 002 rack...

by the way, are you daniel from the former Tascam Forum??? Boy I miss the Forum a lot it is a big loss for Tascam users...See the Steinberg Forum is alive and kicking...I think any product/company who provide a user`s Forum earn more clients and users...I hope tascam will think about it some day...it was such a great forum...It was the first time I ever messed with computer music and I learned alot from it and it was a big help in deciding to buy Tascam products...

I still would like to have some replies from people who are indeed experienced with both machines working together...

have fun.

4. Bahia

Bahia Guest

Thanks for your tip.

I love my blue box and I have being testing it with ProTools Free,of course it works just fine.
    I just wanted to meet some people who are experienced using both the Tascam US-428 and a Digi 002 rack...

by the way, are you daniel from the former Tascam Forum??? Boy I miss the Forum a lot it is a big loss for Tascam users...See the Steinberg Forum is alive and kicking...I think any product/company who provide a user`s Forum earn more clients and users...I hope tascam will think about it some day...it was such a great forum...It was the first time I ever messed with computer music and I learned alot from it and it was a big help in deciding to buy Tascam products...

I still would like to have some replies from people who are indeed experienced with both machines working together...

have fun.

5. algorhythm

algorhythm Guest

Tascam forum....seems like a lifetime ago.... :roll:

To Tascam's credit, the
    forum was started during a time when a few ambitious people were empowered to put together a team of people who really cared, and really wanted to create something good. (lots of credit has to go to Karl Moe, who had a vision...) We all tried hard to make the Tascam forum as non-corporate and non-Tascam-Rah Rah as possible, even though it was sponsored by a corporation. Unfortunately, like all good things, it had to end eventually, and most of us have since moved on to other things. Tascam's still got some great people, but the forum was a MAJOR undertaking, and a huge time-suck, and I think it's really hard for any company to maintain something like that.

I think places like this are a far better alternative, in that there's no corporate agenda....sure, everyone here has their opinions and biases, but there's enough of them to strike a balance.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed