Direct Boxes ??

Discussion in 'Microphones & Recording' started by jerrybarnesbass, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Which DI`s are considered the best for bass and
    guitar?

2. Dave McNair

Dave McNair Active Member

I like the Retrospec, not sure of the company that makes it. You still can't go wrong with a Countryman.

3. dynamo12

dynamo12 Guest

I'm afraid Retrospec is out of business..now. Not totally positive but haven't seen them around anymore. I remember company was supposed to come out with an opto/comp pedal( still tube ) too and that did not happen.
    I like Radial JDI. Countryman is a great choice. Options are many depends also from budget. Jo

4. I like the Radial JDI too (for the price it is untouchable) and also its FET classe-A brother the JDV. Also the Demeter VTDB-2B (tube/more color) and Avalon U5 (real clean) are great.

The Evil Twin is supposed to be the end-all DI box (for your bank account also!) but I've never tried it. :w:

5. Mike Simmons

Mike Simmons Active Member

Home Page:
    Countryman. It's built to last! Nice and clean too.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Avalon U-5 kicks ASS on electric bass! Great for Acoustic bass pickups as well.

7. riconga

riconga Member

The Demeter on is amazing on bass and we just got one for a gibson chet atkins nylon electric it blows away everything else we tried which includes everything mentioned above. highly recomended your milage wont vary.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed