DR-1 built in mic, left mic has static. Fixable?

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by benji45, Oct 10, 2012.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. benji45

benji45 Active Member

I am picking up about -18db static only on the left mic on my Tascam DR-1. I have reset the DR-1, I have re-formatted it, but the static is still there. I have gone to different rooms and it is consistently the same static. Is this fixable?

DR1-01.jpg

2. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Hi - a few questions:

What's the frequency of this interference - I can't read the timescale at the top of your screen image? Ignoring the interference, do the two built-in mics pick up sound equally when the DR-1 is pointed at a central sound source? Is the interference independent of whether the DR-1 is running from internal batteries or from the power adaptor? Do you get the same effect on the L channel of external stereo sources fed in via the 1/8" line input?

3. benji45

benji45 Active Member

the wavelength is about .026 seconds. Both mic's pick up sound equally. I am running the DR-1 on battery power, i do not have an ac adapter. The static is present on the L channel while fed through the 1/8" line input. Another thing is that while I am recording, I can hear the sound through the headphones as soon as I hit the record button. I have recorded without headphones plugged in and the static is still present. DR1-03.jpg DR1-02.jpg