DualbootPC: standard surf&email pc+ DAW

Discussion in 'Computing' started by Jbon, Nov 16, 2003.

Tags:
  • AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. Jbon

Jbon Guest

Can I get suggestions what dead weight/s are prime for removal from audio PC(still accesses web)...I'd planned to not, but registering software online is so handy, I am at a stop on that issue, maybe a switch of sorts...or I may use windows's "profiles" within the DAW to toggle or something. I have removed "messenger", "outlook" is more stubborn, if any ideas are available on this.
    thank you

2. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Guest

Jeff

http://www.musicxp.net/

check this out, not sure if you use XP or not but talkes about the idea of dissabling " services" and what common files they share.

you may want to outline what )S you're using so someone can help you maybe config a dual set up

hope this helps some

Sanity

3. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Guest

Jeff

http://www.musicxp.net/

check this out, not sure if you use XP or not but talkes about the idea of dissabling " services" and what common files they share.

you may want to outline what OS you're using so someone can help you maybe config a dual set up

hope this helps some

Sanity

4. Jbon

Jbon Guest

Sorry, yes I do use xp(home), and thanks much for the response

5. MisterBlue

MisterBlue Member

The cleanest solution is to use two different hard disks that are in removable HD-Trays. Keeps stuff entirely separated. These trays are $30-$50 and work real well.

Win XP registration should not be a problem since you are using it on the same PC and you can't use them at the same time.

Once installed just configure them for their specific purpose.

HTH,

MisterBlue.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed