Dumping your studio stuff to a CDR

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by Swamphippie, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Swamphippie

Swamphippie Guest

Kurt....once again I need your assistance and advice!! I have had BAD LUCK with CDR's!! My Phillips 808 and 765 were short lived,one crackles, one doesn't record anymore. Is there a decent CDR out there at a LOW price?? Or were mine just too early in the development?? Or am I being too cheap??Are there some specs I need to be looking for?? My studio is ADATs and I need to go to disc to check my mixes and overall sound pretty frequently, or I get way off track sound-wise!! Also-what, if any, is the difference between a CD recorder and a CD Burner?? thanks again!! please help!! at a stand-still!! Chris Anderson

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

I'm guessing here... I think a burner is a drive for a computer and a recorder is a stand alone unit with converters. I have been using a Fostex CR200 for several years now and it still works with lots of miles on it. It can be a bit finicky as far as playing back certain discs but I think almost all players have this problem. Some kinds of media just don't work well in some recorders... Kurt