Dynaudio BM6A vs BM15A

Discussion in 'Monitoring' started by Macaroni, Feb 28, 2003.

1. SASman

SASman Active Member

Home Page:
    In saying this the Dynaudio Acoustic monitors offer just about the best value for money mixing speakers in the industry IMO.
    When you compare component quality and build quality + sonic performance they really are very good indeed.

2. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    I have a new pair of Neumann's KM120 coming this month which I will be placing them beside the BM6A's. Mine are the Mosfet BM6A and I love them. +10 for Dynaudio.

3. Michael Fossenkemper

Michael Fossenkemper Distinguished past mastering moderator Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    have you got the speakers in yet? would be curious as to your thoughts on them.

4. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    Yup, they arrived a few days ago. They are awesome. I can't image what the big boys sound like.

Obviously way too early for me to say much on them, Michael, but my initial impression was wow, awesome mid range. The dynaudio now seem to be missing so much in the mids compared. This difference is huge. Is this a good thing or bad thing, I don't know, but they do sound great.

I still love my BM6A.

5. SASman

SASman Active Member

Home Page:
    Well thats the issue isn't it. Is it better or not? I would bear in mind that there is not
    such thing as a perfect speaker, well at least that I have heard so far.

Let me put is this way when I installed my IB1's I kept the BM6P's
    and I will not be moving them out of the room and for good reason.

You need to understand the deficiancies of any given speaker to make sense of it all.