Education needed for Audio Jobs

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by jashwicka, Feb 16, 2009.

1. jashwicka

jashwicka Guest

I love recording artists and helping with live sound, but I also love hockey. I'd like to be the one in charge of the music and microphones at a hockey arena or doing sound for film. I've read all the posts about how it's getting really hard to make a living in this industry but would I be right to assume that these occupations would be more easily obtained with a 4-year degree?

2. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I think it would go a long way to better your chances.

I know a guy who does that at a football/baseball stadium. It's a great gig...he even got a world series ring when the Marlins won! I don't know what his degree was in but I'm sure it helped to get his foot in the door.

3. jashwicka

jashwicka Guest

Thank you. I appreciate the help.

4. Sogar123

Sogar123 Guest

I want THAT job, holy CRAP haha. I'd be very interested in hearing any stories as to how someone progressed into that position. Seriously, if I could get a free ticket to a football/hockey/soccer game every sunday or whenever and put on Zombie Nation hahah, I would count my lucky stars :D

5. iamfrobs

iamfrobs Guest

The studio manager at my school does sound for all the Buffalo Sabres games. He has a degree from my school in the same Sound Recording program I am in.

It's mad cool.

They tape PZMs to the glass on the boards. Just a little tidbit.