Sponges tend to dry out and get hard. This decreases their absorbtion capabilities. The good thing is that when this happens, you just spritz them with a little water and they are good as new.
jonyoung said:What about mold formation from the moisture???
The only drawback to using Tilex or bleach is that it discolors the sponges which reduces the sponges requency absorbtion
pr0gr4m said:I knew a guy who thought that dollar store sponges were too expensive too. He took a trip to Australia to go diving on the Great Barrier Reef and gather his own sponges.
jonyoung said:The only drawback to using Tilex or bleach is that it discolors the sponges which reduces the sponges requency absorbtion
There is another drawback.....bleach stinks. I don't think my lungs would approve of sitting in a bleach fumed room all day. I'm sticking with the mattress pads. I only use them in the control room, no smoking policy in place and a fire extinguisher right next to me.
What ever happened with Sonex? Is the stuff still made? That stuff over time deteriorates into a mess.