Error Help with Fostex MR-8? Please!

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by deathbywater, Jul 8, 2005.

1. deathbywater

deathbywater Guest

My MR-8 doesn't seem to want to recognize my CompactFlash card. Each time I turn on the console, it says: "Card Error - Error 09." The MR-8 manual doesn't specify anything about card errors.
    Does anyone know what I could do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Virga

Virga Guest

Yo what's up. I've just recently started tracking with a MR-8, and I know what your problem is, although you probably have researched it enough to figure it out by now. There are only certain brands of CF cards which the MR-8 will recognize. If you have the red MR-8, go to the Fostex website, and download the software upgrade which installs via USB I believe. This fixes a memory error and also compatibility issues with many CF cards. If that doesn't work, return the card and get a compatible one, or sell the whole shabang and get the new 40gb HD version when it comes out. I personally like importing mixes track by track to my computer with a card reader though.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed