Event 20/20

Discussion in 'Mixing' started by c3kings, Jan 16, 2007.

1. c3kings

c3kings Guest

Dear All,
    Is Event still making Event 20/20? Is it already discontinued?
    If so, any suggestion from the experts in here about monitors around this price range.
    In fact, I am just using to listen classical music at home. Do you suggest me to buy a pair of monitors or a a set of Hi-fi? Can anyone tell me the main difference?
    Thank you very much.
    King

2. amishsixstringer

amishsixstringer Member

I would buy a pair of hi fi speakers. They will be louder and sound "better". Reference monitors are not made to sound deep and full like a pair of good B and W speakers. They'll be cheaper as well.

Neil

3. Massive Mastering

Massive Mastering Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    B&W DM602's... Excellent speakers in that price range. Maybe a little more... But used would be worth it too.

4. c3kings

c3kings Guest

Thanks, Neil and Massive Mastering,
    I see. But I am talking about a pair of powered Event 20/20 costing only about USD600. By USD600, I have a feeling that I cannot get a nice system, including an amp and a pair speakers. Any thoughts? I am quite puzzeled because I cannot tell the difference between a pair of monitors and a hi-fi systme.

5. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

I just got a pair of NHT MOO's, which are active nearfields. I first read about them at this site (courtesy of JoeH) and did some research after that. I needed something that is not "hyped" , that I could trust to monitor my live remote work on, were small to fit in cramped quarters, and did not break the bank. At $500.00/pr., direct from NHT, these puppies were perfect. They certainly don't crank out the low end for techno (my JBL's do that), but for big band and orchestra, they're fine. BTW, I had a pair of 20/20's several years ago when they first came out. I dumped them because they were hell on my ears after a few hours of use. Very fatiguing, very "edgey". Not so with the MOO's. Check them out at the NHT (Now Hear This) site under "pro audio".