Event - STUDIO PRECISION 8 Monitors

Discussion in 'Monitoring' started by Axeman32, May 17, 2003.

1. Axeman32

Axeman32 Guest

Has anyone taken these puppies for a test drive?

Your comments please!
    Event studio precision monitors

2. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

Home Page:
    Are you referring to the Project Studio 8 model? If so, I've been using these babies for about 2 years now. They sound great. They don't house the massive amps like their 20/20 bas counterpart, but they were'nt designed for that. They sport a 4th order crossover design and do a very good job of setting the mix with that "in your face presence". I know event has marketed a few new models since the PS series, but I think they're shooting for a certain segment of the market.

3. Axeman32

Axeman32 Guest

No, these are the newest model they have out now. I did hear the TR8's and they sounded better than the 20/20's at low volume. They also sounded better than the KRK8's and the Mackie hr824's. I am using the PS5's and I do not get any reference to the low end. The new model claims to have a 35 - 20 Frequencey range.

dabmeister17,
    Are you able to get a good picture of the Bass frequencies? Can you explain the four order crossover deal?

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed