Extra Processing power for mbox, 002 etc

Discussion in 'Converters / Interfaces' started by Squelch, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Squelch

Squelch Guest

Wassup everyone? I use mbox1 to record death metal and black metal so it gets real loud and insane. I need more processing power, I cant record anything loud or it gives me that damn error "Drive cannot get audio fast enough blah blah blah". I have almost smashed my computer because of this message a few times and I'm so sick of it. Its like if I play blast beats, error message, or if my vocalist screams, error message. Its enough to make me wanna cut my arm off!! The only thing I could do to get my drums recorded was pretty much lower everything to the point that I was playing to the song in my HEAD!! I could only faintly hear the guitar and if I put the click on, ERROR!! I know I've seen a box for processing power for pro tools with like a blue bottom, I just dont remember what it is called. Its like an external processor for audio. If anyone knows what its called let me know or if you have a trick to get the recording to stop interupting my sessions with the error message I so deeply loath PLEASE let me know. Thanks.

2. Squelch

Squelch Guest

btw I am using an external smartdisk firelite firewire hard drive on an ibook g4 or just the mac hd

3. Squelch

Squelch Guest

IM SUCH A DUMBASS, NEVERMIND!!

MY HD IS 5300 RPM AND I NEED 7200!! THATS WHY, I AM BEYOND PISSED AT MYSELF FOR BUYING THIS HARD DRIVE!!! THIS BUY WAS SO STUPID I SHOULD BE TORTURED AND HUNG UP UNTIL I BLEED TO DEATH!! AHHHHHHHHRRRRRRG!!!

::punches self in the face::
    ::shatters glass table with head::

4. Markd102

Markd102 Well-Known Member

Yeap, that will do it.
    And recording something loud doesn't really need any more processing power. :-?

5. Squelch

Squelch Guest

true true

6. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

don't forget to kick yourself in the balls too

7. Squelch

Squelch Guest

its on my to do list