FATSO Jr.

Discussion in 'Compressors / Limiters (analog)' started by MMazurek, Aug 29, 2001.

1. MMazurek

MMazurek Member

Mine will arrive in the next few days.

Fletcher, gimme some starting ideas to try out.

What are some 'fantastic' things you've done around a drum set with it? (in combination with a few distressors)

Any favorite settings yet? ...on OH, drum bus, other bus, Gtrs, other instruments.

Believe me, I'll probably try EVERYTHING on the damned thing, but what's a juicy starting position for trackin?

C'mon, give it up...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Just ^#$% with it. Everyone I know who has one uses it differently, you shouldn't be an exception to that concept. Eventually it'll be cool to see how a whole lot of people use the thing...but I won't really get into how I use it until there are like 1000 of them on the street, so there are like 2-3000 different methods of using them.

Best of luck bro, give a call if you get hung up with it...other than that, just fiddle about until it rocks your world.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guests

At the demo stand at the AES in Amsterdam, on a spikey guitar track (on its own) I was time after time "drawn" to position 5 of the tape warmth knob.

After resetting it several times it was this that made me smile..
    I am realy buying it for guitars, but I immagine I will use it on everything...

:)

Jules

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed