"Final Master" Plug-in - Cubase SX

Discussion in 'Mixing & Song Critique' started by Jaco, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Jaco

Jaco Guest

Hi everyone

Recently I aquired a Yamaha Finaliser called Final Master for Cubase SX.

The problem I'm having is whenever I play back my song with this Finaliser as a master effect, every 20secs or so, the sound cuts out and comes back in again, leaving me with a gap of a couple of seconds - every 20secs! It just fades out then back in. I've run a lot of time consuming tests on it, and I can only assume it's this plug in - this problem only occurs when that has been selected.

Can anyone give me advice or steps to take on rectifying this? I have tried reinstalling the Plug-in, without success. I could re-install SX but I'm not sure what good that would do.

Cheers in advance,

Mike.

2. kylen

kylen Guest

Try registering the plugin - that's exactly what I get when using unregistered Voxengo plugins.
    kylen

3. Jaco

Jaco Guest

I see. Thanks. How would I go about registering it?

Also......

.....what if the plug in wasnt exactly....ahem....legitamitaly bought....if you get me?

Mike

4. kylen

kylen Guest

click - I'll talk to you about anything else except that.
    kylen

PS Tell you what - does your app do VST or you have a VST adapter ? If you mend your ways I'll point you to a darn good free/legal mastering compressor and limiter. Then you can be legal and work your way into equipment you need over time.

5. kylen

kylen Guest

OK I found it. This'll keep your karma intact. :)

http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/products.php

The classic compressor and classic mastering limiter are 2 real good pieces. If your mix is solid then these 2 guys can really add that last bit of spice.

Good Finalizing !
    kylen

6. Jaco

Jaco Guest

Thanks Kylen! :cool:

Regards

Mike

7. lionyouth

lionyouth Guest

every 20 seconds the sound cuts out...lol...lol...lol...ok...enough laughing ...sorry.....my sugestion is record 20 second takes and then paste them togather 9 to 12 takes a song hey thats cool paste them togather thats cooler

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed