Firepod recording software?

Discussion in 'Mixing' started by rush_boy2112, Apr 10, 2007.

Tags:
  1. rush_boy2112

rush_boy2112 Guest

What is the best software to use when using a firepod to record with? Also price? and also on a mac and pc?

2. I think the Firepod comes with cubase...depends on what you need, but that's a solid program. You can't use it with Pro Tools, because all their stuff is proprietary. Check out mackie traction for ease of use, or Audacity for a free editing tool/recordingmix.

3. multoc

multoc Active Member

Anything other than ProTools will it record........unless you already have a protools interface I believe you can use the firepod in conjunction with an 002 or 001 or HD system...don't quote me on that though I may be wrong

4. Pro Tools is pretty hyped anyway...I'm not a big fan.

Try Audacity. It's free, gives you an idea of what it's like to multi-track, and then download the Cubase, Sonar, Cakewalk, Traktion, etc. Demos and see what works best for you. I think a lot of it's a matter of taste.

I would stay away from cheap plug-ins. Most of them sound cheap, and you'll end up getting thin, over-processed sounds. Unless that's what you really want...

5. multoc

multoc Active Member

It's not necessarily the program that's hyped, it's the Pre's and the hardware that make protools sound wonderful....that's my opinion anyway

6. I think protools is great for mixing and editing, but that the hardware is just ridiculously overpriced for what you get. LE software with a controller that has 8 faders for $2,500?

Seems kind of lame to me anyway.