Focusrite Voice Master Pro as Compressor...

Discussion in 'Compressors / Limiters (analog)' started by Sty, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Sty

Sty Guest

Hi there community
    I just got today my Voice Master Pro (sounds really nice for a novice ear! )

the only "compressor" i had it was a Composer Pro (Behringer).

Now i have a very dumb, maybe obvious question, but your opinion really matter for me :

Can I use the Voice Master Pro as a compressor for other instruments, since i have only the Composer Pro (and i have heard bad things about this compressor) ?
    I have a Mackie CFX12...

Any tips and coments WILL BE VERY APRECIATED

2. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

Use a "voice processor" for other sources?!?!?! Blasphemy!! :wink:
    Of course you can! I use a Drawmer MX60 and a Valley AF-1 all the time on guitars, amps, organ, synth, and more. You may have a bit of limitation at the EQ side of the box, because some of those types of boxes have EQ that is "voice-optimized". And when you try to compress, say,a bass with it, the compression parameters may not go slow enough for low-frequency waveforms, but....
    How does Kieth Richards describe his composing style? As "happy accidents"!!! You gotta do the same thing...experiment! I mean, it's not like you're gonna blow something up!

3. CoyoteTrax

CoyoteTrax Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    The Voicemaster Pro has a nice smooth sound.

Use it on EVERYTHING that it sounds good on. I agree with moonbaby.

Don't discard your Composer Pro though. There are some things it's still good for; Hand Percussion being one of them. The Composer has a big open sound that's not bad for that "Live" sound.

4. Sty

Sty Guest

Thanx Guys for the replies and tips ;)
    I am reading a lot of threads in here,
    I do need be in here :D