(audio) Free eBook: Learn to Create Mixes with Headphones That Translate

Discussion in 'Mixing & Song Critique' started by SonarworksKat, May 21, 2018.

1. SonarworksKat

SonarworksKat Active Member

Is it possible to create a commercial-quality mix on headphones? What to look out for when mixing on headphones? How to turn a good pair of headphones into a great one?

Backed by years of experience in over 25,000 recording studios as well as thousands of headphone measurements in Sonarworks labs, we know what makes or breaks your mix.

Download this free eBook to learn pro tips and tricks today https://www.sonarworks.com/mixing-on-headphones
    DdeCQdZVAAA9AVa.jpg

2. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    I'm a SonarWorks Reference 4 user.
    I find it to be helpful, mainly for late night mixing, when I don't want to disturb my better half.
    I've yet to do a full mix from start to finish with it, but I have used it for getting a good solid headstart into a mix when forced to use headphones (open backed AKG K240's) ...it's effectively gotten me 60% of the way into a mix, without me having to alter levels and tones on those tracks after switching over to nearfields for the rest.
    FWIW
    --d.

3. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    More room simulator plugins are made every year.
    I never thought of exploring that option, possibly because I have the chance to have monitors in my control room..
    I wonder which is the best in all the ones available...